How to send Group SMS
Group SMS allows you to send an sms broadcast to either one or more groups in the address book or individual contacts in the address book.
To send out messages to a group of contacts, follow the steps below.
- Click on “Broadcast” on the top menu .
- Select “Group SMS” in the drop down menu
- Select Groups and select one or more than one group.
- Move the selected group(s) from the contact box to the selected contact box by clicking on the provided arrow buttons in GREEN.
- You can also search manually for a contact by mobile number, first name or last name by clicking on the SEARCH button. After you’re done, click next.
- Select contact one or more than one contact then move them to selected contact(7)
- Selected contacts have been move in, you can also move any contact back to unselected contacts.
- then click "next" when done.
- After clicking next then wait for the page to refresh, and fill in boxes with inquired information, mobile contacts should be in this format("+2557777.......", "07777......" or "7777......")
To create your message follow the steps below”
- Select your Sender Name. Sender Name is who the sms will appear 'From'.(Required).
- Templates are sms messages that you have saved to reuse again (optional). You can select a template if you have one. This will populate the message body with the template.
- To create a template follow these steps.
- Type your sms in the message body.
- The character count will show your how many characters are left per sms and if you have crossed into multiple sms. Note each sms is 160 characters for the 1st sms and 153 characters if longer than 1 sms.
- The UNICODE flag will be highlighted if there are UNICODE (special) characters that the system does not allow detected in your message body.
- Use placeholder if you want to use data stored in your address book to personalize each sms (optional). The placeholder will be replaced with details such as ‘First Name’, ‘Last name’ etc to make each sms unique. You can add more than one placeholder. You will see a preview in the last steps before sms are sent out.
- Click the ‘Schedule Date’ link to add a time that you would like send your message(s) at a later date/time. (optional)
- You can also use advanced reminders to send out SMS repeatedly in the future. Select “Custom Reminder” configure these reminders.
10. Once you’re done click “Next” After clicking “Next” button from the previous step, you will see a preview of the sms broadcast to be sent. A few sample records will be displayed including a summary of credits to be used and invalid/duplicate contacts (if any) that were excluded.
11. Enter a Job Name to remember this broadcast.
12. Click "Send" when done
13. If satisfied, click SEND to start the broadcast.You will receive a notification “Message sent successfully” as seen below.